Blog Archive

Timberbrit is Britney Spears’ Worst Fantasy

wordstFantasy1

 

I must admit that I initially laughed off at the premise of Timberbrit, ‘a slo-mo opera about a fictional second relationship between Britney Spears and Justin Timberlake.’ I mean, according to their myspace, “Composer Jacob Cooper, gives Britney the extra push she needs to enter the fictional realm, imagining a final twist in her saga: her latest downswing has propelled her to her final hours, and her erstwhile lover Justin Timberlake, prompted by her imminent demise, rushes to her side to express his undying love and attempts to win her back.”

 

The opera itself is from last year, however, they have a new promo video entitled ‘Worst Fantasy’ that left me moved, quite disturbed and kinda emotionally drained. The music is built on a slowed down and stretched out version of Toxic, and the clip, which is done by Switch Pictures, is hauntingly mesmerizing. The sequence that starts right after the 1:35 minute mark  with her saying ‘Gimme more hungry eyes… …Take my mind, take my ties. Taste my tragedy’ is particularly intense.

 

 

You can check out excerpts from a semi-staged version of Timberbrit from last year below. It’s quite hard to swallow and I am not sure it would be enjoyable live, but I applaud its unique twist and social commentary.

 

 

 

 

+ more Celebs | Music | Music Videos