Blog Archive

The Jumping Nudes of Morgan Tepsic

 

‘Hey, my name is Morgan, 20, photographer. I like to jump around naked with my camera in weird places.’  This ranks as one of the best introductory emails I received from any photographer. And as I examined the Jumping Nudes work of Morgan Tepsic, I instantly fell in love with the adventurous free spirit of the images.

 

 

When I asked him about the origin of this peculiar habit, Morgan explained, “There was a huge snow storm back in December 2009, my power was cut off so I had to stay with my parents for a couple of days. I had just bought a new camera, and since the weather was shit, I was confined inside until one night it finally stopped snowing. I went outside, and just got naked and began documenting myself jumping. I felt so goddamn free.”

 

 

So where does he take these pictures? Morgan explained, “Most of the places I go to are abandoned buildings, places that I find online and just driving around. So I'm usually climbing through a window or rusty door to get in and get my shots. Some days I'll just drive an hour out of the city and get naked in random fields and have fun. What started as a weekend project has grown to several months long, almost daily!”

 

 

“I started out with just the "timer" on my camera and putting my camera on top of my car or mailboxes,” Morgan told us of the technical part of the shoots. “I finally bought a tripod, then later a remote to help with shoots...then my friends all wanted to help out!”

 

THERE IS MORE, CLICK HERE TO SEE REST OF THE POST